Friday, January 1, 2010
Mover and Shaker
The last two weeks of Winter break have gone by way too quickly! I can't believe it is over and school starts back on Monday. I have not accomplished as much as I needed to, but that is always the case. This week has been a concentration on preparing mom and dad for their move when they get their foreclosure notice. It has been a balancing act of getting it done and making sure that I don't traumatize my mother in the process. If there is ever an argument against saving stuff, it would be a visit to her home. She had a room full of material (cloth) that she was saving for her quilting. How many quilts has she made in her life? ZERO! I convinced her to throw out all but one bin of material...How many VCR, DVD, etc. movies? 3 bookcases full!!!! It boggles my mind that one person has so much...stuff. Then, I go outside and see the demons my father is fighting. His horde makes my mother's look like daycamp. The notice that their property is up for sale went out last week for an auction on Jan 15. So, we probably have 3 more months. Next Saturday, their ward is organizing to come help. THAT should be interesting. I am now home with a sore back, strained neck and a bit of panic at the prospect of school starting on Monday....
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
I didn't realize this was happening to your folks! How did it end up? We need to talk again!!!
Post a Comment